tisdag 22 februari 2011

Gaddafi eller Khaddafi

LEO: Margaret. Please call the editor of the New York Times crossword and tell him that Khaddafi is spelled with an h, and two d’s, and isn’t a seven letter word for anything.
MARGARET: Is this for real? Or is this just funny?
LEO: Apparently, it’s neither.

Later still, Leo phones the New York Times himself. During his telephone conversation, he is joined by C.J. CREGG, the press secretary.

LEO: [on phone] Seventeen across. Yes. Seventeen across is wrong. You're spelling his name wrong. What's my name? My name doesn't matter. I'm just an ordinary citizen who relies on the Times crossword for stimulation. And I'm telling you, that I've met the man twice, and I've recommended a preemptive Exocet Missile strike against his airforce. So, I think I know how to...
C.J.: [in shock] Leo!
LEO: [looking at the phone, then hanging up] They hang up on me. Every time.
C.J.: That's almost hard to believe.

DN och SvD stavar namnet olika. Det irriterar mig.

Inga kommentarer: